History of the New Armuchee Baptist Church
It all began on October 31, 1900. A new Baptist church was founded in Armuchee, Georgia by some thirty people who were "desirous of organizing a church of Christ of regular Baptist order." These first members came from several churches in the area, primarily from Lavender Creek Baptist Church in Little Texas Valley.
Before the first building was constructed, the members met in the Armuchee Methodist Church, which still remains in its original location until today. The original name of the church was the First Baptist Church of Armuchee, but was later changed in 1903 to the New Armuchee Baptist Church. As the church grew, a new location was selected across highway 27 and a new sanctuary and educational building was completed in December of 1960. In 1971 the Morris Annex was constructed to offer additional educational space and in 1977 the Christian Life Center was completed as the church continued to grow.
From 1900 to 1950 the church had several pastors. E. Stanley Morris became the first "full time" pastor in 1950 and served for 22 years until his death in 1972. Willard MacAllaster served for almost 27 years as pastor until his death in 1999. Dave West served the church for five years and Keith Kelley most recently served for seven years. David Howard began his ministry as pastor in 2013.
Throughout its history, the New Armuchee Baptist Church has existed to proclaim God's Word to the community and share the gospel with the world. Members have served in mission projects both in the United States and overseas. All that God has done at New Armuchee throughout its history is a result of His goodness and grace and the commitment to prayer from its members.